Sunday, December 04, 2011

New Music from Big Wreck!

One of my favourite bands, Big Wreck, has gotten back to making new music. I had heard about it this summer, when Ian Thornley was featured in the LCBO magazine for some reason, but it had slipped my mind until I caught their new song "Albatross" on satellite radio a few days ago. I gave it a few listens when I got home and I absolutely love it! I bought the single off of iTunes and added it to my BBM Music profile. Apparently, the new album will be out in the new year and I'm really looking forward to it now.

Not that we've been completely without the Big Wreck style of music since they disbanded in 2002, since Thornley's new band Thornley carried on with a similar sound over their 2 albums, but getting back to the old name with the addition of the Big Wreck guitarist is a nice touch. Side note: I read that the Big Wreck guitarist, Brian Doherty, has been living and teaching guitar in Camlachie. That was kinda cool to find out.

Anyway, add me to your BBM Music friend list to check out the song. Or just go buy it. I'm really happy with the sound of the song... big sweeping guitar melodies that is a signature of the Big Wreck/Thornley sound.

4 comments:

  1. My brother had lessons with him, until he found out the guitar my mom bought him off of kijiji was hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ears are still ringing from the time we saw Thornley at Fiddler's Green in Cambridge.
    The new tune sounds great.

    ReplyDelete